July 7, 2010

The Guestbook and Ring Bearer Pillow

Just a quick update...

We went fabric shopping today.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a combination of patterns and colors to put together in a quilt?  IT IS TOUGH!!!  But we were victorious, and the fabric is currently being washed and will be cut into squares and put into a pattern before we leave Minnesota.

We also bought the satin for the ring bearer pillow and we even made its guts.  Let's be more specific... I, ME, MOI, yes... I made the guts.  It was my first experience with a sewing machine and I LOVED IT!  I need to get myself one so that I can go take some classes and REALLY learn to use it!  I am so proud of myself that the next thing on my list (after this post) is to call my mom and brag some more!

I'll post some pictures eventually, but I can go ahead and cross those two things off my list because as far as I'm concerned, if I'm not the one that has to finish making them, they are done!

OH, and we found 2 more teapots, bring our grand total to somewhere around 25... so we are almost 1/3 of the way done!!!

OH OH OH... I also talked to my photographer (Catie's Captures) and we have pretty much determined the places we are going to go for our shoot on Tuesday.  We are going to the tea house that has become a summer tradition, we are going to another cool place called The Orchard, and we still headed up to the lake to finish the day.  I can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment