September 28, 2012

Friday Bride Day with The Green Bride Guide



My cousin gets married next week!!!!  I am so excited to get to be a part of her wedding as her Matron of Honor, and because I'm officially calling it wedding week (since the fun will start a week from today), I'm going with wedding inspired posts all week!

Because it's October in Indiana, the weather is unpredictable at best!  Fall is definitely my favorite season in the midwest because of the colors and the crisp air.  BUT you never know what the weather is going to be on any given day.  We've had 3 days of rain the past week, which led to icky humidity, but this weekend is supposed to be 70 and beautiful!

SO, as I was thinking of all the ways we could prepare for unpredictability on my cousin's wedding day (with an outdoor ceremony), a post on The Green Bride Guide really caught my attention!

They have some really great ideas on Keeping Guests Comfortable in Cool Weather, which include my personal favorite... a big, warm, fire.

Wedding camp

Luckily, we are going to have the best of both worlds at my cousin's wedding... an outdoor ceremony that could be moved inside if absolutely necessary (for rain, not cold), a great indoor reception location, and one of my favorite of all of her plans, a transition of the balcony from a ceremony location to a fun outdoor space with cocktail tables and cornhole boards, where you can still go out and get that fresh air fix.

Have a great weekend!  More wedding fun to come next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment