July 13, 2010

What a day...

We flew from Minnesota to Indiana yesterday, and we were supposed to have to go through Minneapolis and Detroit to get to Ohio where my dad was going to pick us up.  Well, we were in Minneapolis and the ticket agent offered $400 per person to take a different flight.  I practically fell over my suitcase trying to get up to the counter and instead of having to take two more flights, they flew us right in to Indiana!  We had to sit in the airport for an extra 5 hours, but they also gave us money for dinner.  They only gave us $6, which makes me wonder what they give people for lunch because that will buy you a cup of coffee in an airport, but it was nice to have a little bit of a discounted dinner.  Although, next time I volunteer to get bumped off a flight, I'm going to ask to be given a pass to the Sky Club instead... it would have been nice to have a couch and a quiet space and at $50 per person, a day pass was just not gonna happen.

The problem... the checked bag, with all of our clothes for engagement pics, did not make it to Indiana.  So, we got up at 7:30 this morning (which means 6:30 as far as our brains know) and made some phone calls to figure out where the bag was and how it was going to get to us.  It ended up in Ohio, which is what the agent told us would probably happen, so J left immediately to go get it!

I'm sitting here waiting for him to get back because not only does it have my clothes, it also has my makeup, my hair drier and all of my toiletries, so I can't even take a shower yet.

I wanted to go get a manicure today, but the only car that's left here right now is my dad's little sports car, which is a stick shift, which I haven't driven in FOREVER.  I don't know if I'm desperate enough to try and drive that down the street. 

We have until 1:00 before we are supposed to meet our photographer so I should have enough time to do everything, but it may be a little more rushed that I would have liked.  I don't really care though... I'm too excited about the "photo shoot" to care!!!

1 comment: